So what has Outreach been up to? Here’s a a little run down for you.
- We talk about how Outreach should be something more than just an event planning committee. With the help of the pastors, we’re trying to come up with new ways that our congregation can minister to the community…get ourselves “out there”. Here’s some of the steps we’re taking to accomplish this.
- Pastor Don has asked us all to read a book by Greg Finke called Joining Jesus on His Mission: How to Be an Everyday Missionary. As a group we are reading and discussing the ideas presented in this book to see how we can employ them to help in spreading the spirit of evangilism. We invite you all to join us in this. The book is available on Amazon in both paper and Kindle formats.
- We have chosen a few of our annual events to focus our advertising efforts on to help introduce non-members in the area to our beautiful church family. One of these was the Easter Egg Hunt and services. We purchased Egg Hunt Signs that we will use annually to get the word out and many of you helped out by placing them in your yards. Thank you!
- Paster Don has also invited us to attend the Lutheran Hour Ministries Regional Outreach Conference being held in Seattle this September. This conference will focus on preventing the “decline of the church” and helping the younger generations connect and be influential followers of Christ.
- We’ve been talking about what we, as a congregation, need to do to become more united. Our hope is that we can help find a way to help our members re-connect so we be a beacon reflecting God’s light for our community. The pastors will lead us in working towards this goal.
The Board of Outreach meets the second Thursday of every month at 6:30pm in the Church library. We invite you to join us! Or if you can’t make it, please reach out to an Outreach member with any thoughts or needs you may have. Your board members are: Jennifer Gatke, Walt Meinhart, Tiffany Piscitelli, Larita Pedersen, Crissy Garstka, Karen Shipman and Pastor Don. All are welcome to join us, help in upcoming events and share there thoughts.
Blessings from Outreach!