from the January 20, 2019 Voter’s meeting
- The Income Statement dated Dec 31, 2018 shows we are tracking the 2018-19 budgeted expenses overall, while a few categories will be over budget if they are trending rather than one-of expenses.
- Our giving is higher than budgeted, due to a few contributions which came at year-end and are possibly replacing other weekly/monthly giving. The budget was established with a slightly higher giving percentage from 2017-18.
- Per John Prehm’s analysis: If we bring in exactly what we collected last year in the next 6 months and we spend exactly the same except factoring out District Mission, Youth expenses and property insurance as last year and then add 2% for inflation, we have a projected deficit of about $15,000 for this year.
- Education Building Remodel fund: $733 is our monthly payment. Contributions to this specific fund (which is separate from building fund) exceed our payment obligation for the past 6 months. Obviously more donations are needed to create a cushion for the monthly payment. Please make a note specifying Ed Building Remodel on any extra giving for accurate accounting purposes.
- Preschool is on or below budget.
- The new A/V equipment has been paid for by a dedicated donation.
- The recent Stewardship program’s direct impact has not yet been realized in our accounting reports, but with consecutive year programs we hope to have a long-term impact.
- Treasurer appointed John Prehm as Assistant Treasurer and was approved at the 1/20/19 Voter’s Meeting.
- All dedicated donations for 2018 will be acknowledged in members’ annual statements this month.
- No immediate changes will be made to the systems in place. Thanks to Karen and her team for reliably and diligently recording most of our income.
- I would like to encourage all the committees with a budget to create a dream budget along with a reality budget. Please submit a draft by April.
- Special thanks to John Prehm for preparing most of the 6-month financial reports and for serving as Treasurer for 6 years.